I will leave this here, Real-time Benchmarks of Tegra 3 vs A5X

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PacificBeach, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacificBeach, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

PacificBeach macrumors regular

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I am sure some specific test they did showed that the A5x did outperform the Tegra 3, like they said. So it's likely not lying, but is is misleading.

Remember "antennagate"? Apple claimed antenna problems plague all phones in some way. Funny how the next go around (iPhone 4S) they no longer seem to have issues. Also funny how very few other phones actually had that problem as well. :rolleyes:

This should not be read as a defense of Apple, per se, just that we don't know enough information about the tests (if any) Apple ran to be able to say they lied to us. Companies like this ambiguity, and Apple is not the only one to do this to the competition. Need more example? how about the "Four of of five dentists choose XYZ toothpaste"? Ok, that might be sure, They might have asked five dentists and four out of five of them picked said toothpaste. Are they lying? Perhaps not, but I am willing to bet that statistic is missleading.

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Completely unrelated to the thread, but I've always found that (and similarly used statistics) extremely entertaining and somewhat odd. I mean, sure, 4 out of 5 may sound like a lot, but the company is flat out suggesting that 20% of the professionals outright would not recommend their product regardless of how the poll was set up.

4. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

5. PacificBeach thread starter macrumors regular

Educate yourself now exit!:eek:

6. cynics macrumors G4

I've preferred my tegra 2 vs my iPad 2 just cause the prices of games are cheaper not cause they look better....

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.