I will love you if you help me.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phoenix.limo, Dec 27, 2011.

1. phoenix.limo macrumors newbie

Ok. I am getting myself an iPhone 4s ! I am going to change from my iPhone 3g to the brand new phone :cool: :D and I am planning t jailbreak it.
    BUT!:eek:
    A)I went to my phone company to ask the for enabling my cellular internet, and if they can set a limit over 3g. And the said no. There is no limitation for the cellular internet and I will be charged for every MB extra I am using a ridiculous price. So, I want an app from appstore or Cydia that blocks celluar internet after some MB or GB.
    B)There is a app called 3g Watchdog but its for Android, which allows you to see in you Notifications center, how many mb you are using on your 3g and WiFi separately.Is anything for iOS?

Thanks very much and I appreciate for you're time.

(Dont judge my language , I am trying my best. :D)

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Normally your provider is supposed to send you a message that you are about to go over your limit, if you get that message you could just turn off your cellular data.

Your iPhone will essentially become an iPod touch that can make phone calls, but data will only work if you're on WiFi.

[​IMG]

3. phoenix.limo thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I want to spent all of my available MB and after that my phone will block me automatically to get access to the (cellular) internet. Is anything that does that?
    Thanks!:apple:

4. stickybuns macrumors 6502

While you continue looking for a better solution, you could always download a usage monitoring app that will push a notification when you've reached the limit of your data plan. You would still have to manually turn off 3G, but at least you wouldn't be dependent on waiting for an email from the carrier.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The problem with this is, a lot of times AT&T's data usage estimate runs a few hours behind, and by the time you get the warning, you might already be over limit. This happened to me while I was travelling for the holidays and went beyond the cap. I knew I was going to go over and was read to pay for the extra GB, but I can see people being caught by surprise over this.

6. stickybuns macrumors 6502

That's precisely why I suggest the OP should try a usage monitor app. Anybody have a suggestion for a good one? I haven't come close to my data plan limit (home network wifi is faster) so haven't bothered checking out apps myself.

7. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Just before you rush into anything, be aware that there is currently no untethered jailbreak for the 4S yet

8. thatoneguy82, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011

thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I don't know if you have AT&T but there is a way. I found it by "accident" when I was blocking numbers. You have to purchase a feature called "Smart Limits" it is 4.99/mo and it will allow you to see a data limit per month or per day. Block numbers, etc. It gives you a lot of control to restrict things on your phone. Try it for a month.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/data-usage/id386950560?mt=8

Data Usage without a doubt is the best one I have used. I've tried many different apps and this is the most accurate one.

10. phoenix.limo thread starter macrumors newbie

11. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Currently there is no jailbreak for the iPhone 4S and it might be a while before we see one.

12. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

You have to pay to see your usage?

13. ApplesAndOrangs macrumors regular

No you dont. You can see it anytime you want.

Hes talking about a program for att, smart limits, which is essentially meant to control kid's usage but one could use it for anything.

14. bruleke macrumors 6502

bruleke

15. labman macrumors 604

labman

there is no Jb period for the 4S yet! tethered or untethered!

16. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Just to complicate things even more

My data usage on the phone doesn't correlate to what my network is reporting.

It is a good few hundred Mb's out.

For some reason my 4s has been using 2x to 3x as much data as my last phone

17. phoenix.limo thread starter macrumors newbie

Well no I am from Cyprus a Mediterranean island.:)

Plus! IS EVERYONE sure ablout that there is no JB FOR the iPhone 4s???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:eek:

18. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

100% sure. There are many frustrated people around here because of it. Just search the forums and you'll see.

19. Thai4s macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I download gigabytes of stuff every month. I use mine as a modem for my laptop. Thailand has unlimited 3G package for $22 per month. Same for Android. BB is 1GB per month and unlimited EDGE.