I will not be upgrading my IPhone 7 to IOS 11, will you?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Ceviche Lover, Jun 5, 2017.

?

Will you upgrade to IOS 11?

1. Yes

450 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Maybe

31 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Ceviche Lover macrumors regular

Every time I upgrade to a new version of IOS, it usually ends up introducing a bunch of features I never use and slows down my phone. Since IOS 10 does everything I need, I won't be upgrading to IOS 11. This will be the first year where I don't upgrade. Will you be upgrading?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Yes, I will upgrade to iOS 11. IOS upgrades aren't meant to be detrimental to the iPhone. They're made to be more assistive and help the iPhone function more efficiently. Yes, there are bugs and glitches, but those are rectified through continual updates throughout the year.

3. OscarSalazar__ macrumors newbie

Yes because iOS 10.3.x is a total **** show. Constant dropped frames UX lag things Chris pirillo mentions in his videos I honestly can't stand it. This is the very first time I've hated iOS so seeing what improvements they're bringing with iOS 11 I'm actually excited and really looking forward to it. I don't think the 7's will be bogged down at all by it honestly

4. chilman macrumors regular

chilman

Hek i will, you can't stay on the same version forever while the new ones are being released. However, You can wait and delay an new version upgrade until you feel it is more stable. Software will always revolve and if you stay on the same older version you won't be able to upgrade apps and use newer apps too. Don't worry abt the bugs, its part of the cycle. And I assume some years later you will buy a newer iphone x which of course would hv been installed the latest ios.

5. Susurs macrumors 6502

Susurs

6. parkjisung macrumors newbie

parkjisung

Yes of course, I will be upgrading to iOS 11.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

8. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Of course just not till it's out to the public. Will be worth it. Not going to change how I use my phone so why not.

9. pmhparis macrumors newbie

pmhparis

So you're saying that you WANT your iphone to be vulerable to the latest hacks...

Not me, I treasure the security of the regularly upgraded iDevice platforms even more than it's superiour usability and month after month, I see weakness after wekness in android that only get patched when people throw away their old phones for new (but generally already vulnerable) android phones.

10. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

I will update to iOS11 as soon as it becomes available, probably during the public beta stage. Then I will have it again when I unbox my OLED iPhone 8 ;)

11. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

For security reasons alone, it's not a good idea to refuse to update your phone. if you had an old device, I'd understand. But you've got the newest phone. It'll be fine for another few updates before it starts slowing.

12. noobinator macrumors 601

Well of course I will. There's no reason not to despite all the conspiracy theories.

13. MachCrit macrumors regular

MachCrit

No. iPad definitely, but not the phone due to 32bit app issues. Have an app that the developer changed to expensive subscription model for upgrade.

14. XT550 macrumors regular

XT550

Dozens have already updated to the iOS 11 developers beta out since last night. And most of them are quite happy.

15. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I have a jailbroken iPhone on iOS 9.0.2 and a jailbroken iPad on iOS 8.1. If I upgrade, I lose my jailbreaks.

So, no. I won't be upgrading.

16. maxjohnson2, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017

maxjohnson2 macrumors regular

I upgraded to 11 beta last night, [snip].So far I like it. One game can't run because it is 32bit.

17. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Ios10...I consider to be a pretty crappy.

Provided you are not jail-broken, I think to stay on iOS 10 to be a mistake if you have a 6s/+ or later.

Of course, it's your call.

18. BlueNights macrumors newbie

I agreed 100% when I first brought an iPad 2 and updated, it made it a paperweight. $600 IN THE TOLIET. Same thing to my iPhone 4, for 9 months it ran slow and buggy it was a nightmare, and I could not afford another phone.

I learn its apples way (form of marketing way) to get us to upgrade on the constant but these devices are very expensive and aren't worth the pain and loss, its the reason I will never buy an iPad again, the phone when purchase will not be upgraded to the next ios ever, i'll upgrade to the next ios when I buy a new phone. And to those that say "oh its ok it will work itself out" is FULL OF IT. try spending $950 on a device and have it slow down drastically when you NEED IT FOR RELIABILTY

Quit defending apple when it comes to software updates because its basically throwing your phone in a pool.

19. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

?????

How does that work?

AFAIK you have to be jailbroken to use blobs and right now there are only a very specific set of iPhone models where blobs are relevant any more. And iOS 10 has a very narrow range for jailbreaks.

Now, being a beta and for the fact that Apple is still currently signing 10.3.2, you can downgrade. But that isn't because of blobs and has nothing to do with jailbreaking. And you'd only be able to downgrade to 10.3.2 which does not have a jailbreak yet.

You'd have to use blobs under a jailbroken iOS 11 to downgrade to your exact version. Unless you know of a current iOS 11 jailbreak?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 6, 2017 ---
    I hear this argument repeated a lot.

I've got a 4s on 9.3.5 and a 5 on 10.3.1 and no issues. That, at least for me, puts the lie to this argument.

20. maxjohnson2 macrumors regular

Didn't know that, but in that case I can live with the new version.

I bought an SE with 10.2 and jailbreak that and upgraded to 11 from it.

21. zone23 macrumors 68000

Last thing I want are my texts syncing between my devices, ad tracker blocker? yeah F that Apple nice try... airplay 2 can just get lost.. I don't need quick typing I can type the old longer way its fine. I just wish Apple would have focused on changing the icons to round or something now that would be a new OS.. /s

22. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I voted maybe but in reality it is I will wait. I like to see how others are reporting on their experiences before taking the leap. I have a spare phone so I may try the iOS 11 public beta when it comes out to get an idea what is new.

23. 960design, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017

960design macrumors 68020

Yep, already upgraded.
    Yep, no problems. Pretty snappy. New Message Screen effects: Echo and Spotlight were a surprise as well. The new digital keyboard on the iPad is absolutely amazing.
    The iPad2 is now about 6 years old, we still have over 1000 of them running 9.3.5 on our MDM. Yes, they are slow, they are 6 years old, but they are still working.
    I recommend any of the fine android products. The updates are much less...
    iPhone7 is water resistant. I've taken many underwater pictures while boating and swimming in the local area. Seems, Apple has an answer for everything.

24. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

i will upgrade as soon as the public beta is available!

25. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Right now not really feeling what iOS 11 is putting down

maybe with a jailbreak release, and assurances that battery life and performance haven't turned to crap, I will

but I wonder if iOS version support is tapering off too, with rarer JB's coming along

iOS 10 might be the king for a while for those reasons

--

iOS 11 definitely made me a little less excited about OLED 8 (and certainly 7s)