i wish they didn't separate music and video and other issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pixelchild, Jun 8, 2011.

1. pixelchild macrumors member

hi. i'm loving ios 5 thus far... mainly because of the notifications. here are some things i noticed.

- i wish they didn't separate ipod and video. it make it consolidated for me. now i have two apps instead of one that does the same thing.

- reminders are a great idea! it seems like i'm supposed to be able to sync it with gmail (in the options) but how? maybe this is not implemented in gmail's side yet. i figure it should sync to tasks.

- reminders need ability to be reordered.

- changing the reminder list title is very buggy and doesn't work.

- why does the clock/alarm have no notification options like everything else but instead use badges?

- please allow us to FINALLY hide icons so we don't have to jailbreak it.

2. pixelchild thread starter macrumors member

- also i actually prefer the old music ipod icon.

QUESTION: why doesn't deleting a movie from the iphone remove it from itunes?

thanks!

3. seajay96 macrumors 6502

My best guess on why they separated them was to unify all of the iDevice lines with the same apps and also to facilitate using iCloud on music only files and not on video...

For your question, I don't believe there is any technical reason, so another guess: I believe the idea is that your iPhone library doesn't have to be an exact mirror of your iTunes library. You can keep a master library at home and only bring what you want with you and delete on the fly to make space for other files.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Why should it?

Once I've watched it I erase a movie from my phone because it takes up 2 GB and I probably won't watch it again anytime soon.

That doesn't mean I want to throw it away forever.