I won a iPad 3 Cadillac engraved w/ Cadillac on smart cover.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by maceleven, Sep 10, 2012.

1. maceleven macrumors 6502

I won a iPad 3 Cadillac engraved w/ Cadillac on smart cover, from my local GM dealership cool ha .

It was a contest on Facebook thru The local GM dealership.

When I went to pick up my prize the Internet sales manager tried to pull a fast one on me ,and give me his old iPad 2 /3G Verizon , when he gave it to me I saw the box a ill dirty and starting thinking, when I got to the car I took a close look at it, it had crust food on it , then I checked the warranty and it had only 5 months left.

So I called him back and explained the situation to him, he tried to let it ride ,he said he would call me back , I said yes call me back .

A few minutes later he called and said can you come back .

When I got there the iPad 3 was in a black box with a Cadillac Logo on the fit box and inside was a open iPad but still had the plastic on the iPad 3 and a smart cover .

2. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

So the GM dealer tried to steal your iPad and you just let it slide? I hope you at least got the slimeball fired...assuming this story is true.

3. sneaky butcher macrumors 6502

omg thats terrible lol but at least you got it in the end :)

4. henchman macrumors 6502a

5. dolak macrumors newbie

dolak

I guess Apple products can make people do crazy things... Glad you got it in the end.

6. jltj macrumors member

Disgusting! Just perpetuates the sleezy car salesman stereotype!

7. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Story has a faint odor of fish to me...

8. maceleven thread starter macrumors 6502

Pictures of the iPad 3 and Contest

i posted a few pictures. the iPads come standard with the Cadillac XTS

Attached Files:

9. henchman macrumors 6502a

10. maceleven thread starter macrumors 6502

No i understand Humans and gave him the benefit of doubt, to make thing right. :)

----------

I feel you !:D

11. maceleven thread starter macrumors 6502

Ohhh Theres more to the story , When i entered the contest you could vote as many time as you wanted ,and enter as many pictures from separate emails i had up to 3000 and some votes on one picture ,which got deleted and my other picture had 1403 votes later my votes were reduced to 33 and new rules were added after the contest started , Which were later removed as well, i complained and they put my votes back after i had posted a picture of tampering with contest rules.

RULES FOR OPERATION OF SWEEPSTAKES
    (Business and Professions Code Sections 17539.5, 17539.15, 17539.55)

12. Iwolf macrumors newbie

Iwolf

13. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Good for you and congratulations. Wouldn't mind a free iPad myself, either. :) Never lucky enough to win those kind of things though. :eek:

14. maceleven thread starter macrumors 6502

This wasn't really luck ,it was a loop hole , and friends on facebook don't vote for each other there all envious of each other.:cool: Well cant speak for all of them there are those chosen few.