I wonder how iOS7 will look on the 4S.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moonman239, Oct 26, 2012.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

It will probably be heavily crippled. What would be cool is if they could figure out how to make an A5 function like an A6 and an A6 function like an A7. Some sort of optimization or something. They'd have to figure out some way of reducing the CPU workload by about 200 Hertz.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It'll run just as well as iOS6 on the iPhone 4.

3. Xcallibur macrumors 6502a

Xcallibur

Depends how well they optimise the OS.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It'll have to run well enough as they'll be selling the 4S as the low end iPhone when iOS7 and iPhone 5S come out.

They wouldn't care less about anything older than the 4S though.

5. JCCL macrumors 6502a

It will run very well. The jump for the 4 to the 4S was very big. In addition to that, they just launched 2 new devices (ipad mini & ipod touch) running on an A5 processor, so iOS 7 should run fairly well. The A5 is very powerful still

6. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

It'll run fine.

Hardware and processing power is rapidly overtaking the OS demands.

At the same time the software is being improved and optimised to work better on the weaker hardware.

I love it!

7. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

When I read the title of this thread, my first though was "it will look exactly the same; like every other version of iOS"

That being said, after being an iOS user for so long, I hope they change up iOS7 a little bit.

8. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Theoretically, iOS 7 will be released for the iPhone 4 as well!

9. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

They have a lot more processing power in the five, and who knows how much more in the 5S, so the potential is there to have some hardware limited features. That said, the 4S should be fine but the 4 may have more limitations.

10. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

How it will look? It will have 4 icons on the dock, and 4x4 icons on the homescreen.

11. tann macrumors 68000

I can't wait to see what they bring to iOS7, though unless they bring live icons or something similar I don't see the OS itself being too taxing on the hardware.

Live icons would be nice though!! Or just something non-static on my homepages :).

Reckon iOS 7 will be more optimised for the 4S onwards though, with the 4 having a more than usual amount of things held back (mainly because it's single core etc). But the fact they still sell it suggests that they will want as many features as possible making their way over (until a certain point)!