I wonder if 3D Touch will "draw the line in the sand" among iPhones and games...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1080p, Sep 13, 2015.

1. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

When they showed the game Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade... the first thought that came to mind was... "Will this be a 6S exclusive?" I am just wondering... as games start to take advantage of the 3D touch, will we see a big trend of games only coming out for the 6S? A lot of iPhone 6 owners could be left out in the cold when it comes to gaming in the next year...

2. Serickmetz macrumors 6502

Serickmetz

if you don't want to be left in the cold then you better upgrade, no ones forcing you not to. Technology is moving forward rapidly and you either gotta keep up with it or suffer the consequences.

3. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

You shouldn't be using your iPhone to draw lines in sand...

4. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

LoL, JK. It may, that feature is very cool and it does give apple an edge. They already pretty much own the Smartphone game market, this will widen the gap.

5. 1080p thread starter macrumors 68020

1080p

I get the new iPhone every year on Day 1. That is the kind of person I am. But not everyone buys a new iPhone every year. Average consumer buys every other year... and then some of those consumers are more price conscious and will opt for the $99 iPhone 6 because it doesn't "look much different" than the 6S.

6. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

I don't think any games will be exclusive because of 3D Touch. Even with the extra power, the average iOS game still runs on three year old hardware.