I wonder if I'll have to open up a 4th phone line just to get the iPhone 5 lol

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wadawow, Sep 10, 2011.

1. wadawow macrumors member

Opened up a 3rd to get the iPhone 4, not due for an upgrade till next March on any of the lines. I'm really kind of hoping it's the teardrop design and I don't want it :)

2. LVappleNOTfnboi macrumors newbie

3. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

Are you getting new phone contracts to get the iPhones at subsidised prices? Surely that's a lot of expenditure building up with so many phones at once... :eek:

Wouldn't it be better to sell your old iPhone(s) and buy the new one without the long-term cost of yet another phone contract? That's what I'm doing. I'm gonna get the iPhone 5 and sell my 4 (it's in great condition) to get most of my money back.

4. twitt3r macrumors 6502

Sounds like you made at least one dumb move already so knock yourself out, go ahead and make another.

5. Azmontana macrumors regular

Azmontana

Not dumb if you have the money.

6. wadawow thread starter macrumors member

Actually I opened a 3rd line so my daughter

could have a phone, she got a cheapie and I used her upgrade. I'm obviously not gonna get a 4th line, sorry if I sounded serious. I guess I shouldn't joke about such things.

7. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

OK, that makes a bit more sense. :p If you do want to get the iPhone 5, I'd suggest simply selling your iPhone 4 and putting the money towards buying the phone full-price from Apple.

8. twitt3r macrumors 6502

Now we know he wasn't being serious, or at least that's what he wants us to think...

Anyway, IF he was being serious, and was opening new lines to get the latest phones, that would suggest he has no money to pay his way out of existing contracts or buy phones sim-free.

9. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Why would you start a thread to joke? Go tell a friend if you think it's so hilarious.

10. LVappleNOTfnboi macrumors newbie

Beat me too it

11. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I'm opening a line on Verizon (have one on ATT) to get the new iPhone. I just want two phones. If the iPhone sucks (AKA looks just like the 4), then i'm gonna get the Nexus Prime.

12. mpossoff macrumors 68020

This is what I do. When new iPhone comes out I buy at non subsidize pricing the sell my iPhone at around $350-$375.

A new iphone costs me about $225.