I wonder if this will make Obama cry too: NICS Checks For December 2015 Hit New Record (3.3M!)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Technarchy, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

More people are buying firearms. More firearms are being sold. Gun rights are now a topic of increasing popularity among the people.

What Clinton was able to pull with his nonsense AWB will be impossible going forward for any DNC hacks.

I am a supporter of the 2nd and I fully applaud people stepping up and engaging in their constitutional rights.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/04/fbi-nics-checks-december-2015-higher-ever-3-3m/

[​IMG]

Sorry Obama, the people aren't falling for the fake tears. Weep all you want, you can't have them.

[​IMG]

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Why is he crying over symptomatic issues when some main problems have still been unaddressed (thank Congress for a fair bit of that, along with 7 years of compromising despite how he was treated by them)?

I won't mention any candidate's name, but some are discussing fundamental problems (even more than Obama had and he recognized the issues more than other candidates back in the day, which is how he got elected and re-elected). And they are for gun rights as well.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Guns are the new bedrock of identity politics, what a surprise.

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Abortion/choice is still the standard.

6. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

The only difference is that Republicans think that legislating guns won't stop gun related deaths but legislating women's bodies will stop abortions. Some logic there.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Same applies in reverse ;)

8. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

"gun related" is the key term there. There are other ways to skin a cat, Timothy McVeigh proved that.

9. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Right, like a coat hanger as opposed to a surgical procedure.

10. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I didn't address abortions, I address your gun comment. Cool thing is a coat hanger is cheaper, and you can't force other people to pay for it.

11. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

This is the question many of us are asking and the reaction to these latest measures are equally mystifying.

I don't understand why a supposed civilised nation would not want loopholes closed and safer firearm legislation introduced. Far too much chest puffing is done about rights and not enough consideration taken about the obvious benefits.

12. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Not one cent of tax payer dollars goes to fund abortions. I'm not sure if it's willful ignorance or just blatantly spreading lies just to fit a point of view. In any case, educate yourself.

13. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I am sure PP had a completely separate bank account for strictly for abortions. /sarcasm

You can try to spin it any way you want, but those grants help fund their business, this does in fact subsidize any other service they then provide whether you choose to accept that or not is up to you....Isn't this a gun thread? Keep it on topic.

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Hillary called for an end to the Hyde Amendment the other day. That takes balls.

15. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

In other words, you were proven 100% incorrect and NOW you want to move back to the topic. This is why everyone laughs at you guys, you know that don't you?

16. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Not at all...I addressed 1 issue in the first reply to you. I had no interest in debating your abortion topic that you keep bringing up in a gun thread. I am 100% correct. 1 pot of money is 1 pot of money. The doctors are subsidized by your tax dollars, therefore able to provide abortions with the help your your tax dollars. Like I already said, you choose to believe something different.

Can PP stay in business without federal grants? If not, then those grants keep them operating, therefore your tax dollars subsidize abortions.

Feel free to start another abortion thread if you want to keep this up, or just revive one of the other hundreds of them.

17. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

As long as you want to keep discussing it, we'll keep discussing it. Not "I want the last word now you move on".

Those grants pay for 97% of what PP does, which is NOT related to abortions. Those are the facts, it is the law.

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm open to society experimenting with solutions ... even when I don't agree with them.

And progress is never a straight forward line. So it's really not a problem if I have to live during (what I perceive as) a backward step.

Many people in this world endure far worse.

19. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Exactly those grants keep pp alive, so they can kill babies. I agree with you. Without those grants they wouldn't exist to be able to kill babies.

20. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Obama's weeping wasn't about people's guns, it was about the constant hum of gun violence in this country and its victims.

Tucson just marked the fifth anniversary of the Jan. 8 shootings, and the families still mourn the loss of their loved ones and those who were injured still suffer the effects of their wounds.

22. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

And without guns 82,033 people wouldn't be dead since Sandy Hook. Neither of us like dead people, at least we agree on that.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

because there is no death w/o guns?

24. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Well, in this case there are 82,033 that would've had a much harder time killing others or themselves without one.

25. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Anyone notice how the president always touches his eyes with his finger just before he cries...everytime?
    Onion drama?