I wonder what famous people have Powerbooks...

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Just wondering (that other thread down below reminded me that I've been wondering this over the past week). Anyone know? Oh and - let's discount Steve Jobs please. That's a no-brainer!

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Darn...so far no one who I'm crazy about. How about Meryl Streep or someone big (and oh so talented) like that! This is fun...keep 'em coming!

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Michael and Denise Okuda (Star Trek Writers, and Graphic Artists)
George W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George H.W. Bush
Many FBI, CIA, and NSA Field Agents
INTERPOL Agents
Paul Martin
Edgar Martinez
Drew Barrymore

TEG

nimboopaani

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2004
Mumbai, India
Rupert Murdoch. Check out the latest issue of Fortune.

Greenone said:
Just wondering (that other thread down below reminded me that I've been wondering this over the past week). Anyone know? Oh and - let's discount Steve Jobs please. That's a no-brainer!

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
If Drew Barrymore may be a user, why not Tom Cruise? Although when he clicks on the blue apple, it says OS S ... operating system powered by Scientology.

macam

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2005
Greater London, UK
Not that I watch Newlyweds but...

Jessica Simpson's husband Nick someone... has a 12" Powerbook.

The majority of Hollywood uses a Powerbook so I wouldn't be surprised if there are more that crawl out of the woodwork!

macam

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
yg17 said:
You sure this isn't George Bush's laptop?
BA HA HA HA HA! Good one! I thought for sure the Bush's would use PC laptops - I'm kind of disgusted to learn they put their dirty paws on pretty little Powerbooks!

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
chaosbunny said:
Haha, but it seems a bit complicated with all theese colours... you sure he hasn't just one big red button?
:D
Oh god you guys are killing me - one big red button - hilarious!
:)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
yg17 said:
You sure this isn't George Bush's laptop?/QUOTE]

It could be but once I saw it I thought it was more likely that it was specifically designed to meet the intellectual needs of Dan Quayle.

manzanaloca

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2005
Texas
I know these people have Apple laptops, not sure if they are Powerbooks though:

Mark Hoppus-Blink 182's bassist
Moby
Wil Wheaton
Tom Rowlands-Chemical Brothers

Check this article out, although it isn't necessarily about celebrities who use PB's, it does list a lot of them who shop for Apple products.

http://wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,66580,00.html

Kimi

macrumors regular
I know alot of guys in the music world use them. Robbie Williams has a room in his house in LA full or them. It's home recording studio with about 3 power macs in there and he was using a powerbook him self, it was on a show about his new album.