I wonder what kind of laptop S. Jobs has?


OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
5,730
0
NYC
Assuming he's not using one of the first Mactel Powerbooks, I'd guess he probably has the best G5 (Dual-Dual) at his desk, with either a 12 or 15 inch powerbook for being on the road. The 17" just isn't ideal for someone who travels.
 

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
9,170
2
I remember reading in the company memo when he was in the hospital for pancreatic cancer treatment, he said he was typing it from a 17" PowerBook using AirPort express. [url="http://www.thinksecret.com/news/jobsmemo.html]memo[/url]
 

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
5,730
0
NYC
katie ta achoo said:
I remember reading in the company memo when he was in the hospital for pancreatic cancer treatment, he said he was typing it from a 17" PowerBook using AirPort express. [url="http://www.thinksecret.com/news/jobsmemo.html]memo[/url]
Maybe I'm wrong then...

Come to think of it he probably has one of each, synchronized with eachother, so that he can choose whatever size fits his schedule. :D
 

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
1,128
0
Peoria/Chicago, IL
katie ta achoo said:
I remember reading in the company memo when he was in the hospital for pancreatic cancer treatment, he said he was typing it from a 17" PowerBook using AirPort express. [url="http://www.thinksecret.com/news/jobsmemo.html]memo[/url]
I was just going to point that out until I saw you had.
 

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
2,557
2
New Jersey
I actually forgot all about Steve's surgery until you posted that link. I remember reading about it a while ago, but I wasn't a Mac user back then so it wasn't really a huge deal to me (please don't take that the wrong way). Thank God he is alright, though. It's not everyday you're diagnosed with a rare disease like that one... but all is good now. :)
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,981
364
It's a Dell Inspiron 5000 running Windows ME. 64MB shared RAM and a 15 GB HDD. Celeron 633MHz. 14" 1024x768. USB 1.1, VGA out, mono speaker.

Michael Dell sent him one this year and said it was the latest and greatest from their company. This is the reason Steve hasn't throttled the folks at Freescale - he thinks his other laptop (brand new 17" PowerBook) absolutely destroys Dell's best.
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,981
364
katie ta achoo said:
I'm a fast lady!


ok no, I'm just an apple nerd with GooOoogle in her safari. :p
Heh, but now what are you going to do without Greenspan?
 

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
1,693
9
p0intblank said:
I actually forgot all about Steve's surgery until you posted that link. I remember reading about it a while ago, but I wasn't a Mac user back then so it wasn't really a huge deal to me (please don't take that the wrong way). Thank God he is alright, though. It's not everyday you're diagnosed with a rare disease like that one... but all is good now. :)
Yeah cancer affects many millions of people around the world every day. Perhaps Steve or Apple should start supporting cancer research like Lance Armstrong does. (Lance is sponsored by AMD).

A quick search for 'Apple' and 'Cancer' produces results suggesting that apples reduce the risk of colon cancer. Hmm I wonder how that works. I'm glad I bought a 12" iBook...
 

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
10,635
0
Working for MI-6
Chundles said:
It's a Dell Inspiron 5000 running Windows ME. 64MB shared RAM and a 15 GB HDD. Celeron 633MHz. 14" 1024x768. USB 1.1, VGA out, mono speaker.

Michael Dell sent him one this year and said it was the latest and greatest from their company. This is the reason Steve hasn't throttled the folks at Freescale - he thinks his other laptop (brand new 17" PowerBook) absolutely destroys Dell's best.
Hah, I bet that is the reason indeed. :) ;)
 

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
9,170
2
Chundles said:
Heh, but now what are you going to do without Greenspan?
Cry myself to sleep every night.



Chazmyr said:
Say that loudly in a public place and see what kind of response you get ;)
*yelling*
I'M A FAST LADY!!

Hey, where'd all these hotel room keys come from?? :confused:
 

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
15,532
2
OutThere said:
Come to think of it he probably has one of each, synchronized with eachother, so that he can choose whatever size fits his schedule. :D
I was thinking more like, Steve probably has some lackey who just hauls that 17" beast around for him! :eek:
 

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
22,819
41
Andover, MA
katie ta achoo said:
*yelling*
I'M A FAST LADY!!
Will the thread be over if, instead of yelling, you sing?

No, wait, I'm not sure the word was "fast"... something close... can't remember...


I'd guess Stevo uses a 15" PB. Sweet spot of size/performance.

As far as the 17" memo... (a) maybe just because he couldn't use a desktop, he used a big PB; (b) maybe heat therapy was required after his surgery; (c) maybe we're all assuming he actually was using it instead of simply saying he was....
 

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
9,170
2
jsw said:
Will the thread be over if, instead of yelling, you sing?

No, wait, I'm not sure the word was "fast"... something close... can't remember...


I'd guess Stevo uses a 15" PB. Sweet spot of size/performance.

As far as the 17" memo... (a) maybe just because he couldn't use a desktop, he used a big PB; (b) maybe heat therapy was required after his surgery; (c) maybe we're all assuming he actually was using it instead of simply saying he was....
Ah, heat therapy.
that's what powerbooks are good for.

and who you calling fat?
you are as big as the moon!

and I thought I was taking you to prom! *sobs*
 

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
22,819
41
Andover, MA
katie ta achoo said:
Ah, heat therapy.
that's what powerbooks are good for.

and who you calling fat?
you are as big as the moon!

and I thought I was taking you to prom! *sobs*
Oh, no, I wasn't calling you fat! Just mixing up my sayings. ;) I'd prefer that you remain a fast lady. :)

And I guess I just assumed that Greenie would bump me off the list. Which is really sad, as I'd found that $5 tux and I'd already bought the 4GB white nano....