I wonder what took my family so long....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by a-m-k, May 31, 2010.

1. a-m-k macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

Well, I am old enough to be on my own, but I am not, only because of a medical condition I have had all my life... and as of maybe May of 1999 we made a family decision to scrap that laptop. I was, what I call "given" permission to buy my macbook. (It wound up being a pro, because, at the time, it was cheaper than the white macbook.) I had a I-pod before, and I don't have problems with it.... So.... It was the obvious choice.

(BTW, my condition I have has a history of taking me by surprise, and I don't drive mostly because of it and something else entirely, but kind of related. It's just safer I am still here.)

:apple:s rock!

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Kind of don't get why this was posted now...and not earlier :eek:

3. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

LOL..... I recently found this site. (I don't have to come very much since I can figure out what I am doing.) I would have said this earlier if I found it the day I started to use the internet on my MBP. I am still getting used to things. I am so "crossed over", once I was sitting at my mom and dad's non-mac tower and when I was supposed to click something, my right hand instinsticivly hit went to the top of the desk to "tap" the "trackpad" that wasn't there.

4. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

Know something funny guys, I just realized I said "1999" and not "2009" LOL.

When the poster who asked why the OP (original post, this time) wasn't posted sooner, that got me thinking.

It doesn't help to live in total chaos. LOL. :)

5. FireSokar macrumors regular

6. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

your condition was "that laptop?”

hmm...

7. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

LOL. No. I have a pretty serious medical condition which can decide to wreak havock on my life at a moment's notice. This condition has been "good" to me since early summer of 1999. (I don't want to say too much about it unless I am asked. Let's just say, because of it, I am very sensitive to cold fronts and severe storms. :( )

8. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

9. mynewromantica macrumors regular

Maybe I missed something

Not to seem rude, but, what was the point of this post? Did I miss something?

10. g-bomber macrumors newbie

a-m-k is simply expressing his love for apple and his desire to be asked about his strange medical condition

11. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

so...he is just like every other mac user except that he is also an attention whore?

12. menomano macrumors member

yeah, there's a "I just bought a mac..." thread here somewhere :rolleyes:

13. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

LOL:

14. Jaxdialation macrumors regular

I don't know, does he do Yoga, and drive a VW?

15. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

Hey everybody, "HE" is a "SHE". LOL. more later

16. Aleksey macrumors newbie

OP, with all the trivias I think you're better off on meetsingles.com or something.

17. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

Is there really a medical condition that makes a guy think he is a girl?
    I kid.

18. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I understand your passion for Macs. When I first converted to a Mac I was amazed at its simplicity of use. For the past 8 years I've done most of my work documents on a Mac, using a PC only when a comparable Mac-compatible application is not available. (or when playing my Windows games)

I understand the complexity of living with your condition. Spending more time at home and having restrictions on activities and transportation can be limiting to some people. Additionally, the ability to communicate the joy of appreciating things that others may take for granted is sometimes lost in this medium. People in forums tend to read hundreds if not thousands of missives and respond quickly (sometimes) without thinking through how their responses might be perceived through different eyes.

To be able to participate in a community of sorts (virtual though it may be) can be liberating when so much of life is about restrictions and being careful. Please enjoy your Mac and the freedom it provides. Revel in the ease of use you experience vs. the limits many owners of older Windows-based systems endure.

Every day is a blessing. May you and your Mac have many more.

Cheers,

19. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

Thank you! I would actually say more about what I mean about the condition I have, but I don't want to overwhelm anyone. Though, I would say, living with it isn't ever convienent, and because of it, I don't have the "typical" life of a person my age. (Though, I tried, again, a bit overwhelming to someone who doesn't know me.) I WON'T let it bring me down!

Thank you. :) :apple:

20. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

21. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

you should write the Mac bible