I won't need Unlimited Data on my iPhone 4, since I have an iPad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XciteMe, Jun 11, 2010.

1. XciteMe macrumors 6502

with Unlimited 3G.

:)

I sold my iPhone 3GS about 2 months ago, and took off the Data Plan. When AT&T announced this "new" plan with 200MB/2GB limits, initially I was like "That's not fair!" but now I'm rolling with it, because I got a 64GB 3G iPad with Unlimited.

I figure the iPad can be my internet portable device, and my iPhone will be everything else. I'll just get the 200MB plan on my iPhone. If I have both my iPhone and iPad on me, which one do you think I'd prefer to surf the net on? :cool: iPad, that's right. For iPhone I'd just use it for quick things on the go, like movie times, maps, my bank account, Shazam tagging, Amazon shipping information, etc.

Just a suggestion to those of you who cannot get Unlimited on your iPhone. :)

2. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Carry an iPad with me everywhere? No thank you. I'll stick with the iPhone on the go, iPad at home.

3. Built macrumors 68020

An iPad is not a telephone...I can't just whip out my iPad in the middle of Costco when I am doing a price comparison with other stores.

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Exactly. I think this is just an attempt to justify getting rid of the data plan.

5. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I have a 3G iPad also, but I'm keeping the Unlimited iPhone plan. I have to admit, I use a lot less data on my iPhone now that I have the iPad. But there's no going back once you switch off of the Unlimited plan, so I'm keeping it for now. I doubt I'll ever go over 2GB/month on my iPhone now, but that plan is only 5 bucks cheaper so might as well stick with Unlimited. The 200 MB plan for $15/mo just plain stinks! 200 MB is nothing and even using my iPad more often, I'm sure I'll regularly use more than that on my iPhone 4G.

Anyone with an Unlimited plan right now is a fool to switch off it it voluntarily, IMO. If the 2GB plan was $15/mo, THEN I might be tempted to save the extra $15. But with the current plans, no way!

6. vertigo235 macrumors 6502

7. Built macrumors 68020

Gotta love Slingbox! I still WOW my coworkers with it. :D

8. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Funniest post ever!! :D