I would like to know if the 13" 2.4Ghz macbook pro gets HOT...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by No1up, Oct 18, 2011.

1. No1up macrumors regular

Does it get hot like on your lap... I would think since the metal cunducts heat, that once this thing starts to get hot, your leg will start to hurt! how is the venting? I'm coming over from an Asus g73 where the venting on this thing is AMAZING! lol

2. newdeal macrumors 68020

Not really but it depends what you are doing. If you are playing a game in dosbox yeah it gets hot, if you are surfing the web its barely even warm

3. RRoku702 macrumors newbie

RRoku702

I use mine all the time and watch movie too. Didn’t get hot at all.

4. No1up thread starter macrumors regular

let me rephrase my question, WHEN the macbook gets hot, does it burn your leg? lol

5. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

6. No1up thread starter macrumors regular

I only found people werer talking about the 2011 MBP, I have not found any one really saying anything about the mid 2010 13"... I guess thats a good thing, but I wanted to see from people that have it and use it every day...

7. RRoku702 macrumors newbie

RRoku702

No it doesnt. but if it concerns u so much just put something in between u and the laptop.

----------

I use mine all the time and when I’m at Starbucks there’s usually no table so I just use my lap and I watch Youtube or movie all the time. I think it doesn’t get that hot cause it doesn’t bother me, I don’t know if u can tolerate the heat of the mbp. All I can say is that it doesn’t get hot.

8. TheRdungeon macrumors 6502

used to have one of those, they don't get unbearably hot at all really, at least not compared to the current range. Though they are obviously more powerful

9. No1up thread starter macrumors regular

I understand putting between my self and the computer, but my thought process was that I'll switch from my PC to a MAC for quality and such, my Asus with all it's flaws never gets hot, and that's with Crysis playing on high!

10. Wattser93 macrumors regular

It's probably hot inside, but you probably don't notice because it's most likely plastic.

When the case of the MBP is hot, that's just you feeling the heat be dissipated through the case, it's better to have the case act as a heat sink that a heat shield IMO.

11. Titanium81, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

Titanium81 macrumors 6502a

Titanium81

I think the MacBook Pros just "feels" hotter since the body aluminum conducts heat better than the plastic body of the Asus. But in reality the temperature of the MacBook Pro is not really that hot.

And really only gets hot when doing lots of video rendering / heavy game playing

12. No1up thread starter macrumors regular

sweet, thats what I really wanted to know. :D

No the Asus has big vents on the backside of the PC like a jet. :)

13. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

Since you're talking about a C2D, get coolbook and undervolt it. I've done so to mine and it makes a very noticeable difference(in the 10*C-15*C range), as well as a very noticeable increase in battery life. There's no reason not to do so, there's no decrease in performance.

My 7,1 13" 2.4GHznever gets "hot," and I wouldn't even say it gets warm unless I'm running 100% for an extended perion of time.

14. No1up thread starter macrumors regular

cool, when I get it in, I will get back to you on how to do this... it should be Thursday...