I would love 4-5" iPhone....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Funkymonk, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

Retina off course
    Hoping for 2500+ MaH battery as well.
    That's all I care about. I know the guts (CPU graphics ram) will be covered.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE APPLE if you're reading this, make it happen.

2. ap3604, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  3. Funkymonk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

4. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I most certainly agree that the iPhone would benefit from a larger screen, yet it's looking increasingly unlikely. Droves of disciples have followed Steve's every word, believing only he knows what's best for them.

When one adds in the fact that Apple has legions convinced to buy whatever Apple offers no matter the specs, there's little motivation for change. Even worse, the faithful argue vehemently against including a contemporary sized display.

After owning every iPhone as well as many others concurrently, I've come to the conclusion via personal experience that a 4.6" display is optimal. Having used my Galaxy with a 4.6" for months now, I'm very happy with it's size & performance.

If Apple were to adopt the same size display, I'd really be happy and impressed. I know I'm not the only one either. Many of the single smartphone users at work would quit Android immediately if Apple moved into the present with an identically sized display.

5. ap3604, Mar 28, 2012
  6. Funkymonk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

Don't be like that...

7. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or just kind of sad :confused:

obviously i'm not posting about you ixodes, but the people you were talking about.

The fact that people are basing how good a phone is on numbers is ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and if they like an Android, that's fine. I have my reasons for loving my iPhone as does everyone else.

But when you go around thinking that the iPhone isn't as good just because it doesn't have a larger screen is .... well a little pathetic.

8. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

I tend to agree with his comment. I switched to Android ( the galaxy Note) only because of the larger screen size. While I am very happy with my new Note, I absolutely would consider switching back to an iPhone it it came with a 4.5' or larger. The 3.5" is just too small for my 51 year old eyes to read without glasses.
    I doubt Apple will do it, but just imagine if they did offer 2 different phones, one with a standard screen, and 1 with a larger screen. Holy cow that would be great.
    And for the true Apple lover, even a larger screen is not enough to take the place of the iPad. I doubt Apple would have to worry about the larger phone cannibalizing iPad sales at all.
    I love my 5.3" screen on my Note, and I use it a lot, but I still prefer my iPad when relaxing and surfing the net.

9. ap3604, Mar 29, 2012
  10. drkryn macrumors member

It was implied that it was optimal for himself. Or did you miss the part where he was talking about using his iPhone and Galaxy Nexus and enjoying the size screen on the Nexus?

You don't have to be a tool about it.

11. ap3604, Mar 29, 2012
  12. macMD macrumors 6502

macMD

A bump in screen just for an increase because others have isn't why Apple should do it. I find the phones size fine, but they should make better use of the physical dimensions and very well could to fit a 4" screen into the same space. The motorola atrix is nearly identical in size and I mean nearly identical and it has a 4" screen.

atrix 117.5mm x 63.5mm x 10.95 mm vs iP4/4S 115.2mm x 58.6mm x 9.3mm so the difference is 2.3mm x 4.9mm x 1.65mm. It is very workable, and hopefully Apple will get rid of the crappy home button that Jobs thinks is best. Go capacitive and reclaim the space.

13. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

That's because Atrix's qHD screen is nearly identical to iPhone's 3.5" display in width due to the different aspect ratio. If iPhone had a 4" screen, it'll be as wide as a 4.5" Atrix display.