I would understand if the father killed him

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by madoka, Feb 15, 2008.

1. madoka macrumors 6502

madoka

Here's what Van der Sloot said about Natalee Holloway's death:

At one point in the tape, Van der Sloot describes "shaking the b--" when she went limp and saying to himself, as Holloway apparently laid lifeless in his arms, "Why does this sh-- happen to me?"

Then Mr. Holloway:

"As you could imagine, as a father, it goes without saying," Holloway began, pausing and seeming to choose his words carefully.

"As anyone would, you're … you're looking for blood," he said. "That's a cold, callous sociopath," Holloway said of Van der Sloot.

"It wasn't easy to watch."

The whole article about how Natalee may have been drugged with the date rape drug:

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/2020/Story?id=4295570&page=1

2. pachyderm macrumors 603

pachyderm

3. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

It's amazing that this story continues to drag on.

4. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

i agree-- i, for one, think he had something to do with it...but they have no proof...so until they get some, i wish it would go away!

5. pachyderm macrumors 603

pachyderm

he made a confession on hidden camera!

6. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

i know that but according to the article "The court ruled that Van der Sloot's admissions on the tape are inconsistent with other evidence and not sufficient to detain him." A judge apparently denied the prosecutors appeal for an arrest warrant. The link above takes you to the whole article...kind of seems absurd that they would not arrest him (again), but seems like the fact that they have already done it twice and had to release him because of insufficient evidence has a lot to do with it.

7. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

You're right that there probably isn't any legal recourse that the Holloway Family can pursue anymore. But Joran, being under the suspicion that he is, is extremely stupid to say the things he did. In all likelihood he was telling the truth right there. I think there are things worse than prison for him. Becoming like O.J. he now has to live his life under a cloud of constant suspicion and it will taint every future relationship he has. Hopefully the story will never go away so people will remember that he got away with murder. :)

8. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

MWWS

i've read that van der sloot's family is well connected. don't know if it's true, though.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Which is sad, since the killer just confessed without being coaxed into doing so. That really should be enough "evidence", but not in our world..... :rolleyes:

10. pachyderm macrumors 603

pachyderm

what a classy guy.

did he say if he'd actually dropped a "roofy"(sp?) on her?

11. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I tend to believe this is a huge part of this case.

It's too bad the U.S. doesn't have some sort of ability to charge him with a crime based on the fact that it is a U.S. citizen that was killed.