i2DVDBox?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
ZDNet UK has a Comdex 2001 preview and has this interseting quote:

Apple's i2DVDBox combines Internet, DVD, MP3, and even interactive television technologies, all in one device. The i2DVD Box offers all the same features as a conventional DVD, including digital Dolby and composite and s-video outputs. The digital outputs are both optical and coaxial for compatibility with other home entertainment devices.

A typo? or simply misinformation...

menoinjun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2001
Wow!! That's weird!! Sounds like a great device, but if it's true, we should see it taken off of that article within the next day or two. Apple would be really pissed!

-Pete

Where's the firewire connectivity??

[Edited by ptrauber on 11-09-2001 at 11:10 PM]

SPG

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2001
In the shadow of the Space Needle.
Doh!
I also remember that the German site was talking about a hard drive equipped device more similar to Tivo, but also acting like a server via airport for your iTunes.

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
i dont believe it... to far from computers, and apple doesnt simply let information like that get out

mikedman

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2001
been there done that

posted this in hardware a little while ago.

company that makes the i2dvd is Lafayette

iwantanewmac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2001
How the hell can 1 watch a movie listen to mp3's AND the surf the net at the same time?
genettically modified people with 3 sets of eyes?

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Originally posted by iwantanewmac
How the hell can 1 watch a movie listen to mp3's AND the surf the net at the same time?
genettically modified people with 3 sets of eyes?
Correction, 2 sets of eyes, 2 sets of ears and a very sofisticated brain. All you need in that unit is a hard drive and there you got a computer.

rickag

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2001
Throw in airport and different devices in different rooms in the house could be enjoying different media or the same media. TV, stereo, games, internet, etc. :D

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
iPod "

I would love to see a 19" (Standard Hifi Width) version of the iPod with Airport to my Mac. With Digital outputs to my Hifi.

Thanks,
Guy

Nonsanity

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2001
Source Changed

The source the link takes you to is now corrected.

No mention on Apple anymore.

End Of Line

~ Chris