I4s battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gaura Mohana, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Gaura Mohana macrumors regular

Hey.
    Brand new black 32gb gsm iPhone 4s
    Out of box, i set up as new, installed all apps from iTunes.
    I looped a 20minute episode 3times exactly 1 hour- and the battery went down roughly 6%

I4s set with timer for 2 hours. I turned it on 2 hours later, and the battery was down a little less then 2% probably 1.8% in 2 hours
    This is with no apps runnin in background, screen turned on for maybe 30 seconds in the 2 hours

Is this ok? Should I do anything?

2. DroidRules macrumors 65816

3. Gaura Mohana thread starter macrumors regular

4. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

What is it with people and their batteries? You just took it out of the box and have hardly used it yet. First, a phone straight out of the box is never going to have the best battery. Second, try using it for a while. Does it get you through the day with the kind of usage you need? If yes, then don't worry about it. If it seems to be draining prematurely at that point, then see what you can do to fix it.

USE your phone. That's what it's there for.

5. Gaura Mohana thread starter macrumors regular

I just turned wifi on on the 4s and connected to my time capsule, and it seeems to lose battery a little faster.
    I got it 4 days ago, though I never fully discharged it and fully charged it yet. Should I do that?

6. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I repeat, USE your phone. As in normal usage, whatever that means to you. Don't just stare at the battery gauge. In fact, it might help if you turn the % indicator off so you're not staring at it all the time. Yes, it will probably take your phone a few cycles before the battery stabilizes. Just use the darn thing and stop worrying about the battery!

7. Big Dawg 23 macrumors regular

I listen to music for 60 minutes while I work out and another 60 while on the bus. My battery drops about 6-10% depending on what I view. Is this bad, Not at all.

8. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

What you should do is just use your phone and enjoy it

Stop the battery worry and use it.

9. cynics macrumors G3

Am I reading this right? You did an hour of video play and you lost 6%. Then you let it sit for a couple hours and it went down 2% from what it was?

If I have that right I'd say your doing pretty good!

I have a 4s and while I'm not exactly blown away by it it's not that bad either. (battery life wise).

It's funny run it down and watch how long that last 1% takes to use. I watched nearly 45 minutes of the movie hunt for red October on Netflix in that last 1% lol.

10. Total Respray macrumors member

1% loss per hour on standby is what I get. Before I upgraded to iOS 5.01 I was getting 0.5% per hour, so standby drain is twice what it was. But maybe your battery will improve after a couple of charges.