i5 earpiece headset warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by avoidandroid, Aug 20, 2013.

1. avoidandroid macrumors member

I recently took my broken i5 earpiece headset to apple store but they refused to repair it because I didn't have my i5 phone with me.

Since when did Apple require an the actual phone to be submitted as well to repair the headset?

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Don't know.

Were you difficult when they asked you to prove your purchase?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They need your iphones serial number so they can input it in the system in order to do the warranty exchange.
    Next time bring it with you. They will replace it no probs.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Since always, they need to check the serial number to see if you're still under warranty.

----------

Something tells me yes.

5. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I live in Romania and I have an iphone 4. I bought those Apple earpods for 29 dollars and after a month one earpiece broke, the plastic broke but just a bit. I went to an Apple reseller, iStyle, and they took those broken headphones and in 3 days they shipped me some new ones for nothing. Plus, they were so polite and cheerful i thought they will go on the creepy side:D

6. avoidandroid thread starter macrumors member

PHP:
    Something tells me yes
    LOL

Yes it was difficult as I didnt have it with me as I gave it to my wife to use for the day so she can tether.

In either case, I came back that evening with the phone and did the repair. I was just curious as to why they needed the actual phone but thanks to all who replied.