i7 taking forever to wake up when battery dies, my c2d didnt?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ozreth, Jul 26, 2010.

1. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

So when my mbp shuts off after the batter dies and I plug it in and press the power button it takes awhile for the screen to come back on, and then for the little white bar at the bottom, and then when everything is back, I cant use any apps for a minute or two because they won't open.

My c2d mbp would just wake right back up and be ready to go.

Anybody else experience this?

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I think when the battery is about to die, the computer writes all the data to the hard drive so if the power is cut, it will still have it stored as RAM is only temporary.

It's taking a longer time to start up because 1) the hard drive is slower, 2) you have more things open

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The little white bar is the Macbook Pro coming out of smart sleep/hibernation. It has to load the ram back from the hard drive. I'm not sure why apps won't open for a few minuets after it wakes up. How much ram does your i7 Macbook Pro have compared to the C2D one?

4. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

How much ram do you have in the the i5? The amount of ram is the major factor here, because the computer must copy the contents of the ram from the HDD back to the ram after the battery has died.

Edit: Wow I'm slow

5. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

Thanks for the responses guys!

I've got 4gb, same amount as my c2d had. I just don't remember the c2d going through this strenuous of a process to come back to life, or maybe it did and I just dont remember...hm.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If you still have your C2D, do some testing. Make it do the same things as the i7 and see which is faster and what things change between the two of them.