IAEA Chief Wants US to Shut Up About Iran

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by it5five, Oct 29, 2007.

1. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

http://rawstory.com/news/afp/UN_nuclear_chief_attacks_hostile_US_10282007.html

Interesting.

I'm curious as to why I haven't seen anything like this in the corporate media. They're doing the same things they did with Iraq; supporting a disastrous policy based on lies and false accusations. You'd have thought they would have learned the first time around.

As for Bush; he says no options are off the table regarding Iran. Pelosi needs to rethink her taking a certain item off of the table.

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I just watched an interview with Condoleeza Rice on Friday I think and she never brought up Nuclear Weapons in Iran. She talked about the strike in Syria and how Iran isn't helping to stabilize the Middle East. So they were going to start to sanction them.

Personally, I don't think anything will come of it because Bush's time is up and given his 20% approval rating no one is backing him any more. Plus the military is already stretched to its limits.

I doubt the sanctions will deter Iran, but its a lot better than trying to start a war with them.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You would expect more decorum from the leaders of our nation when they make statements affecting international affairs. Sadly, they haven't really moved beyond schoolyard taunting it seems.