Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doug in albq

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
The latest update improves overall speed and cleaned up many of the bugs of 1.2.

Try it out, I bet you will like it
http://symphony.lotus.com/software/lotus/symphony/home.nsf/mac

I love their word processing program! I ditched both Neo Office and Open Office in favor of Symphony's "Document." IMHO, it has a much cleaner interface than OO or NO

I cannot speak for Apple's "Pages" because I have not been willing to pay for an app. that has so many free equivalents.

exegete77

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
I have tried each new version of Symphony. For me, it is "no go." Both OpenOffice.org 3.0 and Symphony 1.2.1 still cannot render Hebrew correctly within English text. I have posted to both forums and sent files showing the problems. The Windows and Linux versions correctly handle Hebrew, and so does NeoOffice.

So by default I use NeoOffice. NeoOffice is much more Mac-like and a quality program. I have been using Early Access 3.0 (based on Oo_Org 3.0) and it is extremely stable and reliable.

ceezy3000

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
The Valley!!
i first got lotus symphony and i loved it, if i werent for me getting iwork 09 from my friend i would still havee it, iwrok is better thop

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.