hello all. for I BOOK dual USB 800mhz, I think I either killed my battery or AC power adapter. up till 2 days ago my battery was just fine - usually run for about 2-3 hours. I had the machine for almost a year. Yesterday I had all these apps open and went to bed by closing the display, which I usually do (so the machine would go to sleep) I saw the screen turned dark right before I closed it just to make sure but I think this time I switched off the extension cord thing. but It would still have 100% battery to be drained while I sleep for like 4 hours. next morning, I realized that the battery does not charge and says X on the indicator. Could battery die that quickly? I thought when it happens, you would usually first experience shorter battery life gets shorter and shorter first, etc. my case was too sudden I thought. When I take out battery and put it back on, the color ring on the power cable turns orange but within 5 min or so it turns back to green and shows the X. I might have done something to the power adapter as well? but I am thinking I probably completely drained by battery. is there anything I can do to bring that dead one back? like one of those old tricks that we used to play on Ni-Cad batteries for RC cars and etc ? some one help. my warranty just expired 4 days ago. Last thing I want to do is get new battery and discover that I didn't have to buy one. does apple store take a look at my problem for free even after the warranty expiration? I did all the stuff like reset-all in firmware, etc. I'm looking fore one more trick before I buy new battery. Thank you for your time.