Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
So if I am primarily going to use my ibook at home plugged into the wall, should I just leave the battery in the laptop or take it out? I want it to have its maximum battery life possible. :rolleyes:

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
Yep - the battery will die over time regardless of whether or not you use it, so you may as well keep it in and charged for those few times you'll leave the plug behind on go on the road.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
I disagree. I bought 2 iBook batteries at the same time about 2 years ago. One battery stays in the iBook all the time and the other is my spare that I use for when I need to go away from power for long periods of time.

The battery that is in my iBook gets about 45 min to an hour. The other battery gets over 2 hours easily. I purchased a brand new battery and I get over 4 hours. I read something about the battery can be charged 500 times before it starts to lose it's charge. It's possible my primary battery has just been charged so many times.

Since this primary battery is already bad, I am just keeping it in the iBook all the time and have that extra power when moving the iBook to another location in the house. But I won't ever do that with any new battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.