IBook G4 locked me out of a user account, help !

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chickp, Apr 6, 2008.

1. chickp macrumors newbie

ive had my ibook g4 around 2 years now, i had 2 user accounts for myself set up on the ibook, one for work and one for play, the one for work that i used mostly, which i had applied filevault to, became very full and was nearly at the ibooks 55gb capacity, so i started to delete stuff in trash, which freed up some memory for a while, however i was soon back near capacity and then trash started being weird not letting me delete stuff and not giving any reason, so i moved files from my work account over to my play usert account and deleted stuff that way, which was a long process but it worked, then one day my work account crashed, i tunes did not have enough memory to save itself and when i turned the ibook back on it started to duplicate itself, so i panicked knowing there would not be enough space for 2 lots of 25gb itunes folder, force shut down the ibook, and when i next switched it on it will not let me open my work user account, it says something like you cannot access this user , so now i use the play user account which works fine but it has left me with only about 8gb memory and this is going down so im wanting to wipe the hard drive with the apple install discs ( i have them both, disc 1 and 2 ) and was wondering if i choose the wipe install option, will this solve my problems and reset the ibook to how it originally was and leave me with one user account and the full 55gb hard drive, or will it just reset the user account im using and still leave me locked out of my full memory work account ?

please can someone give me a quick answer as i want to do this today as i have limited time in the week

thanks in advance

chickp

2. chickp thread starter macrumors newbie

bump

basically i want to know if using the install disks to erase and re install will sort my problems out and leave me with a full hd with no user partitions

3. chickp thread starter macrumors newbie