ibook now or in MWSF

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
ok i want a ibook. im not in a hurry to get one and i would want to know from you if i should get it now or january? what do u reccomend? please advise me

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001
Re: ibook now or in MWSF

Originally posted by applemacdude
ok i want a ibook. im not in a hurry to get one and i would want to know from you if i should get it now or january? what do u reccomend? please advise me
I doubt Apple would update the iBook so quickly. There most likely would be no changes to the iBook except the ability to boot into OS 9 will be gone after January 1st 2003. This iBook in my opinion will be the last iBook with a G3 in it. By MacWorld New York (in July '03) or a few months after wards there will be a iBook G4. That's what I'm waiting for a nice beautiful iBook G4 with a combo drive.

razorme

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Calgary, AB
The last round of updates were enough to get me to buy. I had been using an iMac 400, but now have a wireless iBook 800 on my lap - it kicks butt! Buy now, and you will have the latest and greatest for awhile!

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: ibook now or in MWSF

Originally posted by applemacdude
Like the others said.... now.

The iBook will not be updated at MWSF. Based on Apple's history, the iBook won't be updated for approx 9 months.

arn

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
I'd suggest now, but like Jobs said, when the updates are there we'll ship em.... so anything can happen, but I highly doubt some new ones already. So go buy one now.

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
get one now and you'll get more satisfaction because it'll "last" longer as the "current" models before going lower...and I reckon it will remain G3 for a looong time still...even after the other machines move to the 970 or other...

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
i got one!

all right, after a year of dragging my feet, i finally ordered my ibook (800 MHz, 640 RAM, 40 gig HD), about 1/2 hour ago.

the final nail: i took my lombard to a rehearsal tonight to work on my play (i'm a writer), and the fully-charged battery gave out after 1/2 hour. ugh.

yes, i could get a new battery, but a new ibook is just so much more fun. and now the lombard can replace my g3/266 as my webserver.

applemacdude, i buy as infrequently as i can (now 6 macs since 1985), and even i pulled the trigger on this one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.