Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sublime

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2002
LBC
Hi all,
I wish to overclock my iBook and I hace found a website with CHUD 1.1.1. The problem is the site is in ?Chinese? and the CHUD 1.1.1 is a password protected archive. Can anyone read ?Chinese? and find out the password or an email address for the author?
Here is the site: http://www.applestyle.net/redmac/_soft/CHUD/

Thanks in advance!

PS: I think it may be Taiwanese, if that makes any difference...

mrjamin

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2003
Strongbadia
you want to overclock your ibook?? hmm, i wouldn't! How old is it? faster clock speeds/bus speeds means more heat and in a laptop heat can be pretty critical

Sublime

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2002
LBC
OCing

My iBook is a 700mhz dual USB with combo drive. I think I am going to try it as it is only a software mod, no need to solder, and can easily change it back. I have now received the password for the CHUD 1.1.1 file from rEdmAc and I am ready to roll.

Thanks

Sublime

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2002
LBC
Too much trouble...

Well I gave it a shot... It looks like even if you can find the old CHUD 1.1.1, it does not work with the latest Jag. I am not downgrading my OS to try to OC. That is all...

appleguru1

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2003
Password...

Would you mind posting/PM the password you got for the CHUD 1.1.1 file? I cannot figure out how to contact rEdMaC, and I want to give this a shot. If you don't wantr to disclose the pw, could you email me the un-encrypted file? TIA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.