Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibrainch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2002
Chicago, IL
I currently am in the market for a new laptop (just sold old Ti 550) and I get a special deal through work on the following iBook:

iBook G4 1GHz/256MB/60GB/Combo/E/56K/ 14" TFT M9165LL/A

for $1025.

I am comparing that to a refurbed Powerbook 12" with following specs:

PowerBook G4 1.33GHz/256MB/60GB/Combo/AP Extreme Card/E/12"-Aluminum-Refurbished for $1399.

I figure with wireless card the ibook is basically $1100 and Powerbook is $1400. My biggest hangup with the ibook is the "girly" white design but I think it will meet my needs. My question is which of these is a better deal and which will have the best resale value 2 years from now? Thanks for any input.

FuzzyBallz

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Home of Al-Qaida
If you don't like the feminine white color of the iBook, just skin it up w/ manly pink. Real men who wear pink look like pimps. Forgot the name of the skin though.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
FuzzyBallz said:
If you don't like the feminine white color of the iBook, just skin it up w/ manly pink. Real men who wear pink look like pimps. Forgot the name of the skin though.
Many members here would gladly chip in a nickle so we can PAY YOU five dollars to paint your PowerBook a studly shade of pink. ;)

That way you won't have to worry about what the jocks at work will say to you when you're carrying around a girly looking iBook.

netytan

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2004
Just to conferm this.. I have a pink belt on right now, and i promise ya, i'm all man ;). I actually like the design on the IBook, it may not look at pro as the PowerBook but it is a very elegent design - white always looks clean! If you ask me go for the IBook, personally i think the difference in price vs features says it all. Where the PowerBooks really shine is the 15" model :).

Mark.

nyprospect

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2004
Hey i had a thread disscussing the gender of the ibook lol.hmmm.its not all that girly .its will get the job done like all my ex girl firends lol i kidding.Its quite a sturdy piece of hardware

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.