iCal: How do I increase the length of text shown in a message / iCal alternatives

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HeyMarley, Mar 17, 2010.

1. HeyMarley macrumors newbie

I've set up some alarms that are scheduled to show a message, but the messages only show two lines of what I've written. I want to see everything. How can I do this, is it even possible?

If I can't do this in iCal, does anyone know of an app that will do the job? Something where I can schedule messages to pop-up on a reoccurring bases.

Thanks

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Ok, you're gonna have to be more specific. It only shows two lines of what, and where? Two lines for each event? Two events only? In the Month view, Week view, Day view, Edit box??

3. HeyMarley thread starter macrumors newbie

In the alarm settings for an event, you can select to receive an email, or open a script, or run a file, or receive a message. I'm talking about receiving a message, which is when you get a pop-up message at a scheduled time.

This popup message only shows two lines of my event.

So if I make an event about macrumors, which has a description that is three paragraphs long. Then schedule an alarm, which is set to display a popup message 1 hour before the event time. The popup message, which contains the macrumors event description, only shows two lines, rather than the whole three paragraphs.

I hope this is clearer.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Thanks. I should have been able to get that from the first post, but I didn't digest it all.

I don't know of a solution, unfortunately. But, you do have those buttons in the message pop-up, one of which allows you to open iCal, and one that opens the Edit box for that message, I believe. (I don't have one on my screen at the moment.) Not what you're looking for, but it's the only way I know of to see the whole thing, with an extra step.