iCal Released

Shrek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Nashville, Tennessee USA
iCal, the innovative new calendar program that lets people manage multiple calendars and share them over the Internet, is now available for free download.

"iCal is an elegant personal calendar application that helps you manage your life and your time better than ever before. iCal lets you keep track of your appointments and events with multiple calendars featuring at-a-glance views of upcoming activities by day, week or month."

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
did anyone ever read "A Clockwork Orange"? i can't help but laugh at anything branded "cal" (and from the reports on its speed, this seems to be the case).

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
iCAl is not going to get much work in my world. i really have no use for it. If im busy im too busy to write what im busy about on this calendar. Things change in my world ... im a spontaneous creature not so limited to time constraints or what not. I guess this app isn’t my bag. Did apple create anything for the spontaneous people out there? :D

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
Originally posted by krossfyter

i ment in terms of an app. but yeah applestore will do.... but unfortunatly the nearest one to me is about 4 to 5 hours away i believe.
aw, nuts, what i meant was applestore. com.

i'm most spontaneous in Final Draft, a script writing program.

but any text editor would do. sometimes i'm spontaneous in vi.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Originally posted by zimv20

aw, nuts, what i meant was applestore. com.

i'm most spontaneous in Final Draft, a script writing program.

but any text editor would do. sometimes i'm spontaneous in vi.

okay so i go in there and buy everything that i see on the first page of applestore.com? thats spontaneous for hella sure but also not too wise if one does not have the money :D ;)

so whats "vi" ? i use microcrap word for mac as my text editor.

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2001
Alright....I've played with it.....Biggest suck=it's way too slow.

You can import the datebook from Palm....not directly, though

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
Originally posted by krossfyter

okay so i go in there and buy everything that i see on the first page of applestore.com? thats spontaneous for hella sure but also not too wise if one does not have the money :D ;)
yeah, maybe that's just impulsive.

so whats "vi" ? i use microcrap word for mac as my text editor.
vi is a unix text editor. i was using it in 1984, and i know it's older than that. no mouse crap, it's all keyboard commands and designed for writing code. i could code super fast in it.

not a word processor by any means. and it had a good-sized learning curve.