iChat 2 for multiple-protocols?

McFreggle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2001
Dendermonde/Leuven, Belgium
Re: iChat 2 for multiple-protocols?

Originally posted by mmmdreg
This isn't an "official" rumor of course...just some speculation..is it possible? maybe even iChat1.x.
I really don't think so... The icon clearly contains the logo of AOL Messenger, so they made some kind of deal with AOL I guess... I don't think it will support - say - ICQ or MSN...

It would be soooooooooooooooooo great if Trillian would become available for Mac. Trillian is a cool, all in one, Windows Messenger program... It's rather great.

k.

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Trillian doesn't look too bad...but whats wrong with Proteus? (get it at apple.com/downloads/macosx)...I just got it a few days ago and it rocks!

aggemam

macrumors member
May 7, 2002
Denmark

Next to each contact is an AOL icon. Why would they do this if AOL is the only thing supported?

--
Christian

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
I have a few contacts on AIM and a huge load of MSN, (I know it is M$ but most of my friends use it) For me it would be nice that iChat supported MSN **but** I don't want apple to put M$ code direct into the operating system.

Ensign

bobindashadows

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2002
This started early

Damn, could you guys let the thing at least be released before you start speculating?!?!?!

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
People generally tend to go with whatever is on their computers, thats why many people use MSN these days...everyone I knew on iCQ has changed to MSN because people just stick with whats already there...I guess if Apple put iChat on, it'll just advance communication within the AIM/mac.com community but that will never be as large as M$ so maybe Apple should consider adding a few more protocols...perhaps Jabber and ICQ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.