iChat file transfer problems?

fuzzy7slippers

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2002
I can send and receive files with some people but not with others, what is the deal. By the way, everyone I try and send a file to has the firewall disabled. Does anyone know how to fix this annoyance?

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
Louisville, KY
File transfer problems are one of the many things that need fixing with iChat. I can only send and recieve files from people using iChat. The problem happens with every Mac user I know. As long as we all use iChat, we can send and recieve files, but once someone switches to Adium or AIM, we can no longer interact with files. I was hoping 10.2.2 would fix it, but it hasn't, for me at least.

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
I'm using iChat both at home and work, and the other machines in our office are all PC's with AIM. I pass out files to all of our employees using iChat and them to me with AIM, and we have only one problem - sometimes when I send out a file (not every time), the receiving computer does not say anything about an incoming file to accept or reject. But that's only maybe 10% of the time. Otherwise, I've been pleased so far. Maybe this upgrade to 10.2.2 tonight will help fix that bug.

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
I have had similar problems to each of the above stated. When I have trouble I find it helps to drag the file over a name in the Buddy List. This has worked every time since I started several days ago.

Hope this helps,
Dan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.