Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
Last night, a message came on my phone and said iCould could not back up because there was not enough room/storage for the backup.

1. I have 6GB left of my 25GB and I wasn't backing up anything in the first place.
2. Now, many of my recently added contacts are gone and only their numbers are left in place of their names.

Why did this happen and how can I fix this problem?

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Go to settings, iCloud..make sure only things u want backed up are turned on. I have contacts and mail on, and that's it. Then scroll to bottom of page and choose storage & backup..then manage storage, select ur device and turn of anything that u don't want backed up. If camera roll is turned on, turn it off. Thats usually the storage killer. Then scroll through all of ur apps and turn off all the ones who's data you don't need baked up.

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
Go to settings, iCloud..make sure only things u want backed up are turned on. I have contacts and mail on, and that's it. Then scroll to bottom of page and choose storage & backup..then manage storage, select ur device and turn of anything that u don't want backed up. If camera roll is turned on, turn it off. Thats usually the storage killer. Then scroll through all of ur apps and turn off all the ones who's data you don't need baked up.

Thanks, but the problem is, a bunch of contacts that I had stored already are now missing. I have no idea as to why?

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
Login to iCloud.com and see if you can view the contacts there?

So what should I do.. I've been to Apple way too much lately.. Been back twice from my iMac, which is still having serious problems and had my 4S replaced twice in the last month...

I'm pretty competent when it comes to tech, but this has left me baffled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.