ICloud Backup movement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MarkieMark92, Aug 29, 2014.

1. MarkieMark92 macrumors regular

I made a backup of my iPhone 4S in January as I went and got the screen repaired and gave it to my Dad. I backed it up onto iCloud and it has basically filled up my iCloud, is there any way of taking the backup from iCloud and putting it on my Mac to allow my other iPhone to backup to iCloud and also is there any way to access what was in that backup file? I also have a copy in my iTunes I think but how do I access what was in there backup file? Sorry if its stupid questions or not possible

2. illusionx macrumors 6502

Question is: do you need that backup that is still on iCloud? If not. Just delete it to free up some space.

3. MarkieMark92 thread starter macrumors regular

I would delete it but I am a little worried as too if it got everything on the iTunes backup. Also how would I see whats in the iTunes backup or is there no way to find out?

4. illusionx macrumors 6502

No. If you made a back up on iTunes, it would still restore everything except your apps if they are not sync'd.

Anything that is enabled iCloud such as contacts stays on iCloud and do not count toward your 5gb storage.