iCloud backup nightmare!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ashin, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Anyone can help me?

I have an iPhone and iPad, so the 5gb of free space is fairly limited. Since updating to iOS7, iCloud keeps complaining about space - even if I delete my current iPhone backup from iCloud, it just appears again!

Why does "deleting" an iCloud backup not actually delete it?

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I think you have icloud setup on another device that is backing up? Maybe?

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Check what's backing up and see what you can eliminate.

For instance, I remove my ibooks, since I have copies of all them in iTunes on my computer, as well as elsewhere.

4. emjaycee18 macrumors regular

The wife just had a similar problem. Try deleting voice memos if you have them. They are automatically backed up, and don't show up when you go to manage storage. The same thing with texts/imessages. It archives every picture/video that you send, even if the media is in your camera roll.

Managed to get her back up down from 6 gigs to 0.8 by deleting these two things.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I've turned off photo backup because I take a lot of pictures (12.7 GB of photos / videos on my phone right now) and copy them manually to my PC. PhotoStream "protects" the pics until I copy them off.

I also found some apps are poorly written and back up nonsense data. For example, the AP News app was backing up 50 MB for no reason. There is no setting in there I want to save and nothing I need to keep. You can go into your iCloud settings and turn off backup for any app you want.