icloud backup question?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaGrandMastah, Sep 29, 2012.

1. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

quick question but I'm looking to reset my iphone as new and then restore from an icloud backup instead of my hard drive backup (i had issues with battery with the iphone 4 towards the end that I think may have carried over to the 5).

will the icloud backup resync all my apps or will i have to manually select each one?

will the icloud backup reselect all the music playlists I have selected to auto sync or will i have to go through each one?

2. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Restoring from the cloud will restore the phone to the exact way it was on the last backup. Apps and all.

And FWIW, Battery "issues" don't carry over from backups.

3. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Perhpas they won't but it seems like my backup carried over a significant amount of "other" data that accumulated over 2 years of iphone 4 use that i figure I could at least reclaim.

To be honest, the battery on my 5 hasn't been that bad. I'm at 6 hours 20 min and 22 hours of standby with 22% still left (LTE on, Wifi on). Now I've just sorta gotten it in my head that, while I may not be able to improve that life, I could at least reclaim that space and start clean.

4. toss002 macrumors regular

Yes, everything. However, from my experience the more apps you have, the more time it takes. Hope your Wifi is fast.

AND it took some time ...after that... for photos in your camera roll to be reloaded (I had over 400) and voicemail messages too. (Voicemail was blank for a long while.)

I was in a long shower, blow-dried my hair, brush my teeth, checked out some YouTube videos, and still my photos were loading.

Eventually, you will get everything back. :eek:

5. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hahah. I'm ready for that actually. I have a 64 gb iPhone so it's gonna be a while. I'll just play Fifa 13 until it's done. :)

6. toss002 macrumors regular

Have fun playing Fifa. But don't be alarmed if things don't show up immediately. In Visual Voicemail, I didn't see anything (and there was no meter to tell you anything) until I woke up this morning, and all the messages were there. It could be that I didn't check it before.