Icloud backup restore bugs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frunkis54, Jun 25, 2011.

1. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

Anyone else have trouble if they try restoring from icloud backup? for the most part it restored fine except installing the apps back on some of them get stuck and restart and it won't let you delete the app and it asks for your itunes password then says it is incorrect.

2. dspalton macrumors 6502a

Hmm not sure what went wrong for you.
    Ive managed to get it going fine with the iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4th Gen and my iPad 2, the iPhone was even taken away off wifi while i picked the mrs up. Got the error messages, then as soon as I got home it downloaded fine.

Ive made a video of the iPad iCloud restore here
    http://youtu.be/ucPykZAOqVU

David
    www.twitter.com/iosbugs

3. frunkis54 thread starter macrumors 65816

frunkis54

nice video but it stops before my issue like i said when icloud restore is complete it asks for all the passwords you put them in and apps start installing but they won't finish they will keep asking for a password and it will keep saying its wrong even though 100% it is correct.

4. dspalton macrumors 6502a

That's really odd
    It asked for all my password and they were working 100% when I entered them

Have you checked settings etc?

David

5. frunkis54 thread starter macrumors 65816

frunkis54

yep.

after the issues i did another restore this time restoring from backup in itunes and im back up running perfectly.

mostly curious if anyone else ran into that issue.

after work later i will try it again from icloud backup and see if it works better maybe remove a bunch apps first.

6. dspalton macrumors 6502a

Really odd.
    I have to say I risked it all, never backed up to the MacBook Pro before trying it all...

did you get it all back and restored correctly?

DAvid

7. xcrunner macrumors regular

Similar thing experienced here. Apps just stop installing and go into an infinite loop. I ended up having to restore and do the backup again and it still happened to one app, but I deleted it from iTunes, which then once I synced deleted it on the iPhone. Beta software is always fun lol. I'll do local restores for now on.

8. frunkis54 thread starter macrumors 65816

frunkis54

yep everything is on there perfectly as it was before in beta 1 minus a few text messages so i am all good.

exactly what happened to me. i removed a bunch of silly apps i don't need right now and will try again tonight.

9. treyb macrumors member

I was searching for a thread about this a little bit ago and couldn't find one. I went ahead and started another one, but my deal is the same thing although I'm not anywhere near the computer that has the apps in question.

Has anyone figured otu a solution that doesn't require a hardline sync?

10. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

iCloud suddenly erased my iCal calendars and now my calendar is empty, I have a backup but once I restore from my backup all my events appear and a few seconds later iCal says Updating and once again everything is erased, it's like if everything in the cloud is erased and I can't add anything from a backup.

It really pissed me off, but I guess i'll have to wait for the official release and hope I can get my backup to work.

11. treyb macrumors member

it means i cloud lost them. try turning iCloud off and then restoring from your back up. make sure calendars are there and when you are turning iCloud back on tell it to merge. This may cause duplicates in other areas though (for me my bookmarks are double)

12. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

I tried that but it didn't work, I had to restore from the backup and turn off Wifi so it didn't update to iCloud, then backup every calendar apart and keep the files in my Mac, then turned on Wifi and all the calendars were gone again then I restored them from the backup files I had and so they were now in my Mac and not in iCloud, then when everything was in place I just synced them to iCloud and everything worked great.

13. solar64 macrumors newbie

14. SushiRiceMan macrumors newbie

Have you ever changed the email address associated with your Apple ID account? I am talking about going into the account settings for your Apple ID and changing the email address which in turn changes your Apple ID account name. I changed mine once and I noticed that the apps I purchased prior to changing my Apple ID get confused since it thinks that it was purchased with an account that no longer exists since I changed the name. The only solution I found is to do a restore from iTunes instead of iCloud. I hope Apple fixes this as I would really like to be able to rely on iCloud for my syncing/backup needs.

15. alexahss macrumors newbie

apps getting stuck on 'waiting' during restore

I am still trying to restore my Iphone 4 from icloud - it restored all the contacts and calendars, but then when it tries to download the apps - it gets stuck on 'waiting' or 'loading' and never continues.
    I have also tried an older backup on Icloud - but the same problem occurs.

Any Suggestions?