iCloud camera roll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrockm01, Oct 5, 2011.

1. mrockm01 macrumors regular

mrockm01

I have a lot of photos... and I back them all up on my computer. I like to keep them in the camera roll so I have them always on my phone. The problem is they all want to be uploaded to iCloud and it would eat up my 5GB. It gives you the option of not backing up pictures, but I am unsure of what this means.

If I click "turn off and delete", will they still be saved to my backup on my computer?

What would you do in this situation? (Since I obviously don't want to pay extra)

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. shandyman Suspended

it specifically says iCloud, you're in the iCloud menu. any of those options do not affect iTunes backups.

3. gjb11 macrumors regular

Same concern here. I have a large camera roll with tons of photos and pics and want to have all of them on my iPhone. I have all of them backed up and sync'd to iPhoto on my MacBook Pro right now and i'm fairly certain I should uncheck camera roll in iCloud like the OP is doing and just make sure my photos are backed up to iPhoto regularly which I am okay with. I'm just afraid of that red pop-up the OP is showing. Please advise.

4. shandyman Suspended

See my above post.

5. gjb11 macrumors regular

I finally turned off camera roll from iCloud and did an iCloud backup. I sync'd all pics from my phone to iPhoto and then in iTunes sync'd all iPhoto's to my iPhone. Now just have to clear the camera roll..