iCloud downgrade when?

Emathieu

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
Yep, we're all still trying to figure out if it is a glitch or done intentionally. I have yet to hear of anyone being charged (and I haven't been), but Apple has not announced anything either.

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
I thought it ended sooner?!

View attachment 366419
Yep, we're all still trying to figure out if it is a glitch or done intentionally. I have yet to hear of anyone being charged (and I haven't been), but Apple has not announced anything either.
I looked at mine earlier to see if it had downgraded.

Look at the fine print under your Storage Plan, it says "You will be downgraded to the free storage plan when your 20GB plan ends on 09/30/50.":eek:

Definitely a glitch with the date.

rburly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2009
Florida
I looked at mine earlier to see if it had downgraded.

Look at the fine print under your Storage Plan, it says "You will be downgraded to the free storage plan when your 20GB plan ends on 09/30/50.":eek:

Definitely a glitch with the date.
I bought the iCloud data plan last year, but a week or so got an ominous sounding "You're gonna lose your data with iCloud on 10/01".

After I got the email, I've been backing up my iPhone to my computer (not wanting to lose any new data (apps or email)) to "the cloud".

Can I pay for another years worth of iCloud backup or did Apple do way with cloud synching/backup (as it seemed to be saying in the email that I got)?

Thanks for any info regaring this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.