ICloud Locked 6+: Able to use as iPod Touch, mail, wifi messages, Safari browser?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AVENTUS, Feb 4, 2015.

1. AVENTUS macrumors newbie

I've used bad ESN / IMEI iPhone 4's, 4s's, and 5's, as reliable iPod touches for years now. No SIM, no plan, no service. But able to plug it up to my Mac and transfer songs from iTunes and have all my email, as well as message thru wifi on iMessage/textfree.

And I was wondering if the newer iPhone 6 Plus, with either a BAD ESN / IMEI / MEID, or iCloud locked status, will be able to operate as a full iPod Touch ???

Anyone know this definitively ?
    Thanks so much.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it's icloud locked you will not be able to do anything with it.
    You will be stuck at that one screen asking for the owners Apple id and password.

3. AVENTUS thread starter macrumors newbie

So an iphone 6+ with a BAD ESN / IMEI / MEID can still be used as an iPod touch, and have its software updated, and have my iTunes songs synced onto it, and fully browse the web on wifi and message thru wifi, but not an iCloud locked one ?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Bad ESN or IMEI will still need to be activated if you ever restore it or update its software.
    So its still a risk getting stuck at the activation screen without being able to go any further.
    Why don't you buy an ipod touch, or an ipad instead of bothering with lost/stolen/disabled devices?