iCloud password prompts

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by djr7572, May 10, 2018.

1. djr7572, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018

djr7572 macrumors regular

djr7572

Greetings,

I have a new iPhone X ... iOS 11.3.1

So, I changed my Apple ID & password recently ... but occasionally, I'm still getting prompted to provide the password for the Apple ID/email address that I've since deleted. Under Settings, my device indicates that I have only one Apple ID - which is the good one (the one I recently switched to). But still getting prompted on occasion to give the password on the deleted/old Apple ID.

Any thoughts?

Was wondering if completely signing out of iCloud and then signing back in would fix the problem? Would rather not do that if I don't have to.

Thanks
    --- Post Merged, May 10, 2018 ---
    UPDATE: I may have found the culprit. This old/deleted Apple ID is showing up under Face Time. So ... maybe it's just Face Time that thinks I still have this old/deleted Apple ID (?)
    --- Post Merged, May 10, 2018 ---
    Well, I may have fixed it. This old/deleted Apple ID was also showing up in Settings>Messages. Logged out of both Face Time and Messages and then logged back in under the good Apple ID. I have a feeling this will fix the issue.

2. NoBoMac macrumors 68000

Messages was possible problem.

Also, maybe, apps on the device that were initially installed under old id, and app updates need to sign in with old id? Since purchases are tied to a specific id.

3. djr7572 thread starter macrumors regular

djr7572

Good point, thanks for the reply. Haven't seen any more pop ups so I think I might be good to go.