iCloud restore doesn’t download Apple Music songs??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DDustiNN, Nov 5, 2017.

1. DDustiNN macrumors 68000

DDustiNN

When I did my iCloud restore to my iPhone X on Friday, I noticed none of my music downloaded from my Apple Music library, like I had on my iPhone 7. Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Or is there a way to download all music? Downloads sound better in my car, and don’t have to use cell data to stream high quality. I really don’t want to go through and manually re-download every single album...

2. Shaarujon567 macrumors regular

Shaarujon567

Turn on icloud music library there should be a setting for that, try that solution, but if you don’t have Apple Music you do have to sync them again with iTunes on a PC or MAC!

3. DDustiNN thread starter macrumors 68000

DDustiNN

It is on, and was on the iPhone 7 as well. I don’t think that has anything to do with Apple Music downloads though...

62B7378C-45C2-4B58-A3B0-02F3751368B1.png

4. Packers1958 macrumors 65816

I think you will have to download each song if you are using icloud for your music storage. I transfer my music from iTunes on my iMac to my X, and have iCloud music library turned off.

5. Shaarujon567 macrumors regular

Shaarujon567

Oh damn I thought maybe that was the solution, apologies but I do suggest taking to apple support via chat through the app they offer maybe they can share some insight