Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vdawgs22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
I'm attempting to restore my iphone 7 to a previous version. When the phone restores it prompts to use an icloud backup and then just loads one... it doesn't give a choice to pick one and there are other options for an iphone 7 with ios 11 in the icloud when checked through settings. The only other difference is that this phone is Verizon and that icloud was with ATT. Dont think that matters... any ideas?

Thanks!!

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
When you say restore to a previous version, do you mean go from say 11.0.3 to 11.0.2? If so, your phone must be on 11.0.3 in order to restore the backup that was made on 11.0.3. If you had loaded 11.0.2 on your new iPhone 7, then the only backup that will show was one that you had made prior to updating to 11.0.3 on your AT&T phone.

vdawgs22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
When you say restore to a previous version, do you mean go from say 11.0.3 to 11.0.2? If so, your phone must be on 11.0.3 in order to restore the backup that was made on 11.0.3. If you had loaded 11.0.2 on your new iPhone 7, then the only backup that will show was one that you had made prior to updating to 11.0.3 on your AT&T phone.

Sorry, Software is current, its just a replacement phone that is not seeing my backup from my phone a few weeks ago.... still not showing up

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Sorry, Software is current, its just a replacement phone that is not seeing my backup from my phone a few weeks ago.... still not showing up
Not sure what's going on. I'm sure you've tried restarting the setup process again and resigning in with your Apple ID.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
How are you sure if the software is current if you haven't set it up yet? Or did you set it up then restore it looking to restore your backup? Replacement devices typically are not on the most recent iOS version.

Reactions: Chazzle

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
How are you sure if the software is current if you haven't set it up yet? Or did you set it up then restore it looking to restore your backup? Replacement devices typically are not on the most recent iOS version.
iOS checks for updates during setup now, FYI

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
Good to know. Thanks.
This was a much needed feature... the user experience for buying a phone with outdated software on it was atrocious. I sent apple feedback on it and wrote out the whole scenario with as much annoying detail as i could to highlight what a terrible process it was. Especially for someone like my mom. How would she know to go through all that...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.