icloud slow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vigorito, Sep 2, 2013.

1. vigorito macrumors regular

im trying to back up my iphone since yesterday and first eta was 18 hours and today eta is about 3 hours i think thats too much for 450mb back up size,i have 10mbs wi fi connection

2. cynics macrumors G3

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

if youre backing up over wifi, a slow or bottlenecked network could cause that too. check your router/modem/connection speed.

4. cynics macrumors G3

Good point.

Keep in my iCloud automatic backup occurs when you are on wifi, the device is plugged in, and lock aka at night. the majority of everyone with an iPhone in the US with an iPhone is currently backing up.... :)

5. vigorito thread starter macrumors regular

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

mine backs up at random points throughout the day, regardless of time. but i doubt the issue is related to the amount of people backing up at the same time.

OP, i had my phone lock up during a backup process that i initiated over wifi one night. it was stuck at the 2 minute mark, which increased to 3...then 5 mins. my backups always take less than a minute. to test the issue, i backed up my ipad mini, which is basically a clone of my iphone. the backups are nearly identical in size. the ipad backed up in about 30 seconds while the phone was still hung. i went into icloud, and deleted an old backup, then tried to backup again. that worked without an issue. try that.