iPhone iCloud Syncing & Beta Question

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by macness, Aug 16, 2019 at 1:00 AM.

1. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

So I backed up my iPhone to my computer and then downloaded Beta 6 on to my phone. My question is, am i suppose to keep icloud syncing turned on now? What about allthe pictures i take from now forward, will they back up to iCloud?

2. mrochester macrumors 68000

iCloud syncing is unaffected by using a beta. The only thing you can’t do is restore an iCloud backup of the beta device to a device running a previous version of iOS (that’s what archiving an iTunes backup is for).

3. zSyntex macrumors newbie

zSyntex

Of course, yes. What kind of question is this haha?
    Otherwise, you'll be unable to restore the backup of an above version of iOS into an old one.
    Beta is very stable at the moment, too :)

4. macness thread starter macrumors 6502a

macness

Thank you

5. mikzn macrumors 65816

mikzn

Another option is to download all the pictures to Photos and back that up locally

I prefer to have control over my photos and music - in case Apple decides you have not paid on time etc. / whatever

I keep all photos and music on a local drive and back that up "just in case"

6. mrochester macrumors 68000

Do both.

7. TimFL1 macrumors 6502

Not entirely true. If you own other Apple devices (that you don‘t upgrade to the beta releases), you risk them being locked out of receiving certain iCloud synced content like reminders or shortcuts (cause of their respective iOS 13 upgrades).

So yes, stuff syncs but it might not sync to other devices properly. I don‘t have a lost of stuff that stops syncing to pre-13 OS levels, I only know that reminders and shortcuts do. Theres probably more that stops syncing.
    Shouldn‘t be an issue if your iPhone is your only Apple device that has iCloud sync functionality.