iCloud username

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daboltz, Dec 15, 2011.

1. daboltz macrumors member

I know when setting up iCLoud it asks you to choose your username and it can't be changed, but is there a work around to getting the username changed?

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Do you know mean the actual user name (ex. SJobs@me.com) or you're actual name associated with the account (ex. Steve Jobs)?

You obviously can't change the user name. You would have to set up a new account. To change the name associated with the account, you have sign into iCloud.com and go through various screens (I'll explain more if thats what you want to do).

3. daboltz thread starter macrumors member

the user name (ex. Steve Jobs) is what i am wanting to change, if possible.
    I dont think it can be done, but thought I would ask

4. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I did it. I signed into iCloud.com then clicked on my name in the top-right-hand corner in the main screen. Then, I clicked the button down in that sub-menu (APPLE ID). From there, I was brought to a new page & clicked Manage ID; I changed it within there.

Try that.

5. daboltz thread starter macrumors member

thank you soooo much. Worked like a charm

6. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

7. daboltz thread starter macrumors member

so, I thought it worked, but I never recieved the verification email thus using the original email address used upon set up

8. marcmarcdv, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011

marcmarcdv macrumors regular

How do you charge the associated account usename for the icloud account and not your apple id