icons have no art (just black and white bulls eyes)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Bossyman, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Bossyman macrumors member

…on my new iPhone 6, and on my iPad (since I've intalled iOS8), many, many of my icons on the home screen no longer have colorful art. They are in black and white and look kind of like bulls eyes.

I've turned on and off multiple times, but no change. Anyone else experiencing this? Any idea how to fix this?

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

How did you install iOS 8? Has it been like this for a while? You get that when restoring from an iCloud backup and your apps are still downloading.

3. Bossyman thread starter macrumors member

i think i figured out how to solve the issue, but have no idea why it happened…

i opened the black and white, bulls eye icon by touching it (rolling stone.com), and went to "add to home screen again…once it added again, the ORIGINAL icon's art appeared again, as well…so i just deleted the new one…

however, i have around 50-75 black and white/bulls eye icons on my iPad air with iOS8…gonna be annoying if the only way to fix them is to download each and every one again...

4. Mrfatboy macrumors 6502

This has happened to me also. There are all icons that I added to the home screen via safari. Refreshing them thru safari and readding them to the home DOES NOT work got me.

5. Mrfatboy macrumors 6502