Resolved iconsettings profile and iOS 5.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dogbiskit2, Mar 8, 2012.

1. dogbiskit2, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012

dogbiskit2 macrumors member

Hi,

I updated to iOS 5.1 last night and discovered that the shortcuts created by the IconSettings profile no longer work. I get a "Cannot Open Page. Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid" error. I've done a reboot as well as re-install. Anyone else getting this?

Thanks,
    -D

P.S. IconSettings is a profile that allows one-click access from the home page to various settings on the phone. My main use is the "Bluetooth" one so I can easily toggle it. (just google "IconSettings - iPhoneZA")
    P.P.S. I don't think this is considered a 'hack', but if it is, please move this to the appropriate sub-forum.

2. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

5.1 breaks that they will no longer work but this is old news this was reported after the release of 5.1 B1

3. dogbiskit2 thread starter macrumors member

Ah I see that now. When I did my first forum search, I didn't look hard enough - sorry for drudging it back up. Thanks for the info though!

And, bummer - I really liked that 'feature'. I hope something else comes up to bring it back.

4. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Hey no problem anytime.Im not one to beat anyone up.If you have an iPhone 4 theres a tethered jailbreak available and you can then download SBSettings if you so choose

5. Scott90 macrumors 6502

You can try to install 5.0.1, Apple may still sign it.