Resolved iconsettings profile and iOS 5.1

dogbiskit2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
Hi,

I updated to iOS 5.1 last night and discovered that the shortcuts created by the IconSettings profile no longer work. I get a "Cannot Open Page. Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid" error. I've done a reboot as well as re-install. Anyone else getting this?

Thanks,
-D

P.S. IconSettings is a profile that allows one-click access from the home page to various settings on the phone. My main use is the "Bluetooth" one so I can easily toggle it. (just google "IconSettings - iPhoneZA")
P.P.S. I don't think this is considered a 'hack', but if it is, please move this to the appropriate sub-forum.

Last edited:

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
5.1 breaks that they will no longer work but this is old news this was reported after the release of 5.1 B1

dogbiskit2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
5.1 breaks that they will no longer work but this is old news this was reported after the release of 5.1 B1
Ah I see that now. When I did my first forum search, I didn't look hard enough - sorry for drudging it back up. Thanks for the info though!

And, bummer - I really liked that 'feature'. I hope something else comes up to bring it back.

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
Ah I see that now. When I did my first forum search, I didn't look hard enough - sorry for drudging it back up. Thanks for the info though!

And, bummer - I really liked that 'feature'. I hope something else comes up to bring it back.
Hey no problem anytime.Im not one to beat anyone up.If you have an iPhone 4 theres a tethered jailbreak available and you can then download SBSettings if you so choose

Scott90

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008

You can try to install 5.0.1, Apple may still sign it.