i'd just like to say what a complete *********** iTunes and iOS are...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Jimrod, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Jimrod, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014

Jimrod macrumors 65816

...or in the case of iOS are becoming.

My iPad 2, which has served me well for a couple of years has become unusable, not through the noticeable slowdown (or the planned obsolescence - I know Apple don't force us to update but they do everything in their power to prompt us to do so, let me turn off the option please), but through terrible programming.

iTunes is and always has been poor on the PC but now the iPad just hangs when synching at the final stage. A workaround that did work was to do this wirelessly, which is slow but at least works - what I now see is 17.1gig of "other" in my storage. 17.1 ********ingbytes. What exactly is this "other"? I've deleted all I can, there are no conversation strings full of photos. My iPad is slowly and surely becoming a brick.

Whatever happens to "it just works"?

2. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

Does just work for me. Why do some people assume that their little problems
    are experienced by everyone else?.....

3. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Apple can do no wrong. Everything made by Apple is amazing, revolutionary, magical and just works. If it is other way, it is your fault. Bravo Applw to offer us best product in the universe. Everything else is literally *****. Now you can buy a new iPad, it is 4 years old product, what do you expect? Get the iPad Air 2, it is the best thing happens in life of earth. Nothing beats iPads!

4. Jimrod thread starter macrumors 65816

Because it used to just work for me, I was very happy. For no apparent reason, and numerous resets etc it's now a problem.

And while your use of the word "little" is a lovely way of trying to patronise, I'm sure the many, many posts in support forums indicate I'm not alone. The solution always seems to be to spend a day of your life rebuilding everything from scratch. Handy.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Enough with the arguing. Please stay on topic.

6. Jimrod thread starter macrumors 65816

All I wanted to do was add some films for Christmas, something that in the past has taken a few minutes, because for some unknown reason, the sync no longer works (a new feature since iOS 8) I switched to wireless.

Now I see that about a third of my iPad has all of a sudden become "other", where it wasn't before. There are many threads on this type of thing and blame it on messages etc but I didn't just send 17gig of messages that weren't there last week - hence my view that iOS and/or iTunes seem to be the problem, iTunes has always been incredibly flakey on my PC.

This was the final convincer for me that my next tablet should be another, cheaper, better brand sadly. One where I'll be able to simply plug in the USB to move files freely around and not be hamstrung by archaic and limiting software. Apple seem to be losing it more and more lately, this past year has been pretty dire in terms of problems, all the reasons I bought my iPad (and iPhones) are rapidly disappearing.

7. I7guy macrumors G5

I agree about iTunes and synching photos/videos/music. Love the iPad but am not fond of iTunes.