I'd like to buy the world a Coke commercial?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheBonk, Feb 5, 2008.

1. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

Maybe you guys can help me. I remember a few years ago seeing the "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" commercial on TV and on the internet. Not the 1971 version, this was a new one. There were people on a rooftop with guitars singing the song. I can't find any trace of it online. I know I've seen it before. Does anyone know where the video for that commercial is?

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

3. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I know what your talking about... I think? It was played during a Super Bowl at first and featured people of many races and generations dancing and singing and holding hands. I'll see what I can dig up...

4. TheBonk thread starter macrumors 6502

TheBonk

I'm not sure there were people of different races singing and dancing. I think you're talking about the 70s version. The one I'm talking about was made in the 2000s.

It's wierd isn't it? How there is no trace of this Coke commercial online anymore. I could have sworn I've seen it before on TV and online.

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

It was 2005, it was a commercial for Coke Zero filmed on rooftops in Philly. The lyrics were "I'd like to teach the world to chill" sung by G. Love and the ad was called "chilltops".

I couldn't find any copy of the video, except for this torrent.
    http://www.torrentportal.com/detail...ach_the_World_to_Chill-CCZero_60_seconds.html

6. TheBonk thread starter macrumors 6502

TheBonk

Yep, that's it! Thanks.

Now on to the task of finding a video.

7. TheBonk thread starter macrumors 6502

TheBonk